4Runner won't start?!

Hi this is my first post, and was wondering if you could possibly help or point me in the right direction... I was driving my 86 4runner about a week ago. I ran it about half a mile and all the sudden it died. I haven't been able to restart it since... I checked the spark and that's all good so it has to be the gas. I tried putting a volt meter to the wires that run the fuel pump and don't get any voltage at all, even when I turn the key. I don't know if there's a loose connection in the engine, or what. Could it be the engine control box?

Thanks, Jordan

Reply to
Jordan

We had the same thing happen with our Prism, driving along and it just died and wouldn't start again. The ignition coil had gone out. No voltage to the fuel pump huh... You could check the fuses (surely you have already, if you thought to use a volt meter...) Does the engine rotate? Does the starter operate? Tell us exactly what it does and doesn't do, and what engine you've got, it might help figure out what's up. Dee

Reply to
Pookerz

Reply to
Nathan

Is this the 22RE fuel-injected engine? If so, check your EFI fuse. If it's blown, look for some wires that cross the fuel rail and get chafed through their insulation (sorry I can't explain it better. My mechanic fixed it, not me). When they short out, they blow the EFI fuse.

Reply to
Zelda

See:

Roger Brown