86 Toyota Pickup Mirror

I need a passenger side mirror for my 86 Pickup. I was wondering if these will fit my truck with swing-out vent windows in the front. I ran across this ad on eBay,

I currently have the 3 bolt loop type mirror on the drivers side. A fallen branch lopped the passenger side mirror recently. It's a PITA when backing up.

Also has anyone had any experience with this type of conversion?

TIA

JW

Reply to
Joseph Wind

I had the three bolt style on my 88 pu. I found some at the junkyard that look more like this one, even tho it does not list your 86. Once in awhile the loop type like you have is on Ebay. I really liked the originals better. Have you tried car-part.com? I can measure the hole distance if you want.

It fit the two existing top holes.

Good luck. Ed

Reply to
ed_herman

I appreciate the response. My pickup has the vent window in the front. I don't mind changing both mirrors. I'm just worried they won't fit into the bolt holes or the vent window will hit it. A local dismantler wants $55 for a used one of the one that broke off. I have not tried the dealer, but I know it's gonna cost more.

I almost bought one online from a parts dealer, but when I went to check out, the shipping price was twice the cost of the part it self. I highly recommend to anyone buying from these sites, to be aware of the shipping and handling charge. You also have to register and provide a CC before they give you the final price. What a SCAM.

Thanks again,

JW

Joseph Wind