87 body swap

hello everyone, i just bought a wrecked 87 pu from a buddy of mine for $500. there is no frame damage just some left side cab damage. I
have an 86 that has no motor and was wondering how hard it would be to swap one (86) for another (87). I would have to swap the vin plate, as the 86 has no title. any help would be appreciated.....I am sure you will all here from me again, it has been a while since I was a Toyota owner....
Thank you
Not hard at all if you have a little help. My buddy and I swaped his '86 body onto my '85 frame (so he could get the straight axle to put an 8" lift on) We did this all in the parking lot at our college dorm. The most time consuming thing is swapping out engine and trans (if you need to) the body swap is easy, 6-cab bolts 8-bed bolts and a bunch of wiring harneses. We did the total swap ('86 engine,trans,and body onto the '85 frame) in 3 days and that was in between going to classes (a few of them anyway :-) )

Site Timeline