92 five speed manual

My trans started popping out of gears so I got another at a wrecking yard. It does not pop out of gear but it is difficult to shift into 4th without grinding gears.Is this a simple adjustment problem or should I return it to the dismantler for a refund? mr snipped-for-privacy@isp.com.

Reply to
Sam Diego

I fixed my 92 popping out of gear for under $20. Check out

It works great now! Don Whistler BC

Reply to
Don

Yeah its probably the green plastic "washer" on the base of the shift lever. Change fluid to synthetic at same time will improve shifting.

Reply to
Wolfgang

No simple adjustment.

Return it for a refund.

or...... fix it.

though...... it would have been easier to fix the first one.

~:~ Marsh Monster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster