95' Tacoma V6 4WD front shocks - Change springs?

Got 117k miles. Just replaced rear shocks w/Monroe Sensatracks. I will replace the front ones next but I wonder if I should replace the springs too? I don't get under there too often and if I'm going to rent a spring compressor, should I just do the springs now?

When/should I change the front springs?

Eric

Reply to
Eric Sabine

The Taco coils are pretty worthless when new, get a set of decent progressive-rate springs. The labor is the same whether you change them or not.

Reply to
Dan G

OK Good, where's a good place to shop (online hopefully) and what brand for shocks and springs?

Thanks!

Reply to
Eric Sabine

Been a while since I shopped, but Downey used to have custom spring/shock assemblies with stock or 2" lift.

might also be a source. go with bilsteins, and you'll never have to replace them again.

Reply to
Dan G