98 3.4l Taco

Thought I had bad gas, cuz it started as I fired up after a full filling... started missing, somewhat an electrical cut off... but still unsure...

Went thru that tank, added premium 93, still got it, but only under hard accel and under a load.. otherwise it runs fine....

I was thinking it's a plug wire that's crapped out... Not a plug... Not gas....

Fuel pump? clogged filter??? I'm still thinking it's wires.... will be getting some today.... along with plugs, and a few fuel filters.... checking back tomorrow...

Reply to
RedForeman ©®

Probably plugs/wires.

Reply to
Jason

Changed plugs and the 3 wires.. hahaha!! Runs like a charm...

Thanks Jason for the re-assurances....

Reply to
RedForeman ©®

I have had sputtering problems many times in the past, and every single times it was the wires or plugs. The trick is to replace the plugs, wires, AND cap/rotor (none on the Tacoma). If you replace good wires, but leave bad plugs (or vice versa) the remaining bad components will ruin the new ones... its a pain...

Reply to
Jason