98 Tacoma Tire/Wheel Size Increase

I have a 2WD XtraCab SR5 V6 Automatic. Just got it. It has 215/70R14 tires. Can I increase this to 235/60R15x8 without any problems? I don't want to lift it if I don't have to. Maybe a 225 width or a 65 aspect ratio? Anyone have any experience with this? I'll be installing OEM flares also.

TIA,

Reply to
Scott

I have an 03 4x4 XtraCab 4cyl that came with 225 tires on 15inch rims. I put on 16inch alloys and LT265 tires. They fit fine, not sure about 98's, but later years can take a 265 tire.

tires. Can I increase this

have to. Maybe a 225 width

installing OEM flares also.

Reply to
Brad P

tires. Can I increase this

have to. Maybe a 225 width

installing OEM flares also.

If you go to

, they have a thing that will tell youwhat size wheels and tires will fit your vehicle. I don't think you'll haveany problems with tire height: 16-inch wheels were available as an option on2WD Tacomas, IIRC. (I sure *hope* it will fit, 'cause I'm going to Milwaukeeto pick up some 16" alloy wheels for mine this weekend.) The only thing I'd worry about is possible spacing issues - I don't remember how wide a wheel/tire will fit. It's possible you'll need backspacing. The flares will help with the sticky-out part, so long as they fit in the wheel wells.

Dreamer

Later year wheel wells are larger. Looks like I could get a 225/60R15 but that's more of a car tire. Think I'll go with a 225/70R15. Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Scott