99 4-Runner Converter

Recently I went to rent an RV trailer and discovered that my trailer wiring harness (Toyota installed with the hitch) didn't function. Wound up using a borrowed truck. However, when I took my runner to a local dealer I was told that the converter was shot. I figure, no big deal. Wrong. The tech tells me that when you order one from Toyota you have to get it with a complete wiring harness. That's gonna cost me $300 plus, not including a few hours labor. I'm disabled enough that I can't crawl around the guts or underbody of the runner and "have" to have someone else do it for me. Searching a junkyard for electronic components doesn't strike me as a good move. Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative? I have to be able to use a trailer because we live in the country with no garbage pick-up and I need to haul my own trash to the dump each week. I'd appreciate anyone's input. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Michael McCollum

You might try searching on the web, see if some place has a converter for that vehicle:

Roger Brown

You might try searching on the web, see if some place has a converter for that vehicle:

Roger Brown

You might try searching on the web, see if some place has a converter for that vehicle:

Roger Brown

Depends on what it looks like. I have a factroy tail lamp converter ass'y for a Seinna, its identical to the oens used in Tacoma and Tundras, can you put up a picture of it with a URL?

Reply to
MDT Tech®

I'll see what I can do...

thanks, Mike