Airbag Light - 95 Tacoma

I've a 95 tacoma, and recently (after sitting for about a week in wet weather) the Airbag light came on momentarily a couple of times. Now, another week or so later, the light is on continuously when the key is on (driving, etc). (typical winter temperature here is low 50's night time low, mid 60s to 70s daytime, but we get a fair bit of rain. Except for the past three daysthat we've had mostly sunny weather, we had a stretch of at least 5 weeks that it rained every day (and a good portion of the nights), with only very brief periods of seeing the sun during that time.

Does the light indicate an airbag or sensor failure, and what can be done about it? Truck has about 140,000 miles on it, and otherwise seems like it would do another hundred thousand or so before it needs any major help....

Please advise... Thanks

--Rick

Reply to
Rick Frazier

When the airbag light is on it indicates a problem in the airbag system. It also means that the airbag may not deploy in a collision. You need to have it scanned for codes and go from there. It may have nothing to do with the weather.

Reply to
Mike