alarm

I have a 2000 Tundra with a factory installed security system. I have some problems with it locking the doors and yesterday the horn sounded and I couldn't get it to stop. I want to pull the plug on the system. does anyone know which fuse controls it or how I can disable it? I went to the Toyota dealer and looked thru the factory service manuals, including the wiring diagram, but I couldn't find a mention of it anywhere. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

Brian

nothing under the carpet, but behind the lower kick panel are a bunch of wires and connectors. nothing that looks like the black box, I would guess the brain to look like. I wouldn't know which one I could unplug to eliminate the system.

rrr wrote:

Reply to
wayne

Reply to
wayne

It is very integrated with the electronics ...

Does your key say "Securikey+" on it? If not, then you have a different system. If so, do a web search as there is some information on-line about it.

On mine, the hood open/closed switch was bad eventhough it looked good. That caused it to beep three or four times at each activation. But the locks continued to work. You might make sure everything is closing completely, etc.

Good luck!

Reply to
Brian