2003 4 Runner armrest console

I have a 2003 4 Runner sport and on the center armrest console there is this thing that folds out that has a bumpy surface on it. It is on the tip of the armrest. What is this thing for? I can't figure out what I would actually put on it or do with it? Someone help.

Reply to
MD

I use it to rest and use a PDA (personal digital assistant)

Reply to
Wolfgang

My dealer told me it was meant to be used like a small table, a place to set your fries, sandwich, etc. BTW, the I found the little cubby hole right in front of the arm rest a great spot to put a bag of chips while on a long trip.

Reply to
Jack Dotson

I've found every storage compartment to be 1/2" too small for what I intended to use it for! Glove box is especially irksome! If you fill it it won't close. Wonder what the hidden compartment is for - a big pocket knife? Trying to find a place to put a 12 CD changer --- under seat looked promising cept for the heat duct and what looks like a huge pressure switch on both sides! My old '90 4Rnr had a compartment on either side of the back (just forward of the tail lights) that worked great form the changer and small items like PDAs and digital cameras you wanted handy but out of sight.

Reply to
Wolfgang