Bad ECM?

snipped-for-privacy@deltrak.demon.co.uk (Andrew Stephenson) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@deltrak.demon.co.uk:

Jeez, you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. To shrink shrink- tubing, just wave a cigarette lighter under it. You'll have to turn the wire so all sides get heated. If a part starts to discolor, it's too hot, so move the lighter.

Also make sure you use the correct size so it won't be too big once it shrinks down. Each size can only shrink so far. Make a nice, flat solder join and use tubing that just fits over the solder.

Put the piece of tubing on BEFORE you make your join!!!!

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Hey Teg! Where have you been?

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" wrote in news:d5931$4508d8d9$47c97f29$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

Been away. Not a lot ON-topic going on in this group any more. And what little there is is well-handled by you. You are the last knowledgeable person here. Everybody else has left for sunnier climes, including me (not that I knew much anyway). I lurk here once in a while more for old-time's sake than anything else.

We could use you in the Yahoo group. I know Rick Jones would be glad to hear from you again.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I could learn a lot from Rick! Tell him I said hi, and will have to do some digging to find the group.

Thanks

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" wrote in news:4da26$4509ef3e$44a4a10d$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

This is the group that was originally founded as a rebuttal to Charlene Blake. Remember her? The sludge lady?

Membership is subject to approval, for the purposes of keeping out spam and OT stuff.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

We haven't heard from Ms. Blake in a long time. Hopefully, she is driving something other than a Toyota.

I'll give the group a shot.

Thanks,

Reply to
Ray O

Bastard :-) Ive noted that lol, ok so im not in the league of Ray but I try.

Coyoteboy

(Posted from alt.autos.toyota)

A few others of us are also very trying. ;-)

IMHO much of the problem is that most of the people who take this NG (and others like it) own vehicles which mostly perform without major problems. So, being afraid of silence, between crises they discuss (if I'm not stretching the meaning of the word), er, non- Toyota subjects. We should work on our impulse control, folkses.

Regrettably, both the art of conversing entertainingly with those whose opinions you oppose (and the craft of applying invective to those you cannot bear) seem to be fading from the world.

-- Andrew Stephenson

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson