check engine light

Does anyone know how to turn off the check engine line on an 04 tacoma double cab v6?

Reply to
Ellis Villafuerte

Do you fill your own gas? Re-tighten your gas cap

Reply to
TelePuterer

Even if it is the gas cap, the thing has to go through several drive cycles before it will turn off. It could take weeks. You can turn it off by disconnecting the negative battery cable for several minutes, but that will not acomplish anything if there is a problem, because it will not be solved and the thing will come right back on. And you'll have to reset your radio presets. Take it to a dealer to have it figured out. Should be warranty, no?

Reply to
qslim

It shouldn't take that long. On my wife's car when the light came on, I just open the cap and close it (7 or 8 clicks). After she came home from work the the next day the light disappears. This didn't happened just once either.

=96 =96 (I have a doctor's note to use Webtv)

Reply to
TelePuterer

It takes two time with the ignition on and off or a certain distance for the reset to take place.

It shouldn't take that long. On my wife's car when the light came on, I just open the cap and close it (7 or 8 clicks). After she came home from work the the next day the light disappears. This didn't happened just once either.

- - (I have a doctor's note to use Webtv)

Reply to
VTX1800C