Chip for Tacoma?

I have a '98 2.7L 4cyl. Anyone put the chip in, if so, is it worth it for a little more power? I think the motor stock is 150hp. Looks like you can buy the chip, how much more does it take to install it? Thanks.

Reply to
zach

Last I checked none of the Toyota had a socketed chip -- you had to remove the ECU and send it off to have a socket installed and the new chip inserted. Performance Producst ad states "inlike some plug-in installations, your (toyota) control unit requires installation at JET by their technicians. There are much better performance upgrades than the Jet chip for $399. They claim 13 hp gain. Headers, full flow exhaust, better Cat, new cam.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Don't waste your time. I've heard 2 people say they couldn't tell any difference whatsoever, but they didn't dyno it to 'prove' it, was a seat of the pants test.... After the chip, had a K&N filter and intake put on, and said they could tell something with that, more than the chip....

Reply to
RedForeman ©®