Clutch problem, slave or master cylinder?

For about a month now, ive been having problems when pushing the clutch in. Sometimes it would get "stuck" and not come back up when I release it. Ive never worked on a clutch system before, but from what ive read it could be the slave and/or master cylinder.

I would like to hear from other Tacoma owners to see what they think it is. Any ideas?

If it is the Slave or Master cylinder, should i just replace both anyway? Any particular brand? AJUSA.COM carrys ASCO/Aisin and PBR. ASCO/Aisin is about 25% more in price.

1996 Toyota Tacoma Ext Cab 98k miles
Reply to
Monkey Boy

Have you checked you fluid lately, changed it? When it sticks does it pop back out or does it release slowly? If it pops back out then spray the inside spring with some white lithium grease. Otherwise it is definitely the master cylinder. If the slave cylinder was sticking the pedal would come up but the clutch would slip.

Reply to
Tony

I know a Chevy is not a Taco but I just had the same problem and it was actually the tiniest pinhole you can imagine in the hydraulic line. Good Luck. Terry

Reply to
Terry