Master Cylinder

I recently purchased a saab 9000CD, after driving it for 1200 miles, the clutch stuck to the floor board. After having the master cylinder replaced, I drove 800 miles, and then the clutch would not fully extend back after pushing it in. I finished the drive home, about a mile by fliping the clutchup with my footI parked the car and when I came back out to drive it to the shop and it would start but not go into gear. Any Ideas at the problem and how much it costs to fix?

Reply to
russellatcsu

Also, when I had the master cylinder replaced the mechanic stated there were no leaks, so does that rule out the slave cylinder? Hopefully it is the spring in the master cylinder, could I be correct?

Reply to
russellatcsu

Also, when I had the master cylinder replaced the mechanic stated there were no leaks, so does that rule out the slave cylinder? Hopefully it is the spring in the master cylinder, could I be correct?

Reply to
russellatcsu

This might have been going on prior to your purchase - but, when this happened to me, it was the slave cylinder (or so said the dealer :) So long ago, I can hardly remember the cost, but I think I had them replace the clutch kit while in there - i think i paid a whopping $1,100 US - BTW, if you go this route, ask if the clutch kit comes with the throw-out bearing - I don't think it does, but I seem to recall being told to replace that if you get in there.

cs

Reply to
cs