couldn't get my rotors off

I _planned_ to get my rotors turned when I just recently did my front brake job, but I could not get the rotors off (95 taco 4wd v6). Those little cone shaped washers were really pressed in there which prevented me from getting the rotors off. I used the lugs which when tightened should have pushed the rotor back to give the cone-washers space to be plucked out but no go.

What have other people done? Did I do anything wrong or is there a better technique?

Eric

Reply to
Eric Sabine

Joseph Myers

If they are anything like the washers on my 4runner ('84) hubs, I compressed them slightly with vise grips and they came right off.

Jerry W.

Reply to
gerald whitaker

Cone Washer Removal tips:

Roger Brown

I actually did it a good way: When I replaced my front brakes, I took the old pads and put them against the surface where the conewashers are, and took a rubber hammer to it. They all popped right out with a few bangs.

Reply to
Shinnokxz