Homelink Lost Power

Hello All,

I just bought a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer with the HomeLink system installed. I love everything about it except the fact that the HomeLink doesn't work! I believe the only problem is no power to the unit. There are no lights lighting up; however, I tried programming it anyway on a compatible garage door opener and it still does not work. I did not buy a warranty on the vehicle, but I have an agreement with the dealership to get any repairs necessary fixed in 30 days - they are giving me grief over the HomeLink system, however, because it is not made by Ford. Instead of dancing with the dealer, I would like to try and fix the problem myself. I checked all the fuses that I could think of to be related to the system, but none appear to be damage. I have 2 questions:

1) Which fuse is responsible for the HomeLink system 2) How can I removed the cover on the system to check the wiring

any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Reply to
brazzle

Bill Hall

[...]

oklaman

By recorder do you mean part of the HomeLink unit? If so, no, none of the lights come on.

I also have looked at HomeL> you might look at the web site. that's where i got my help previously.

Reply to
brazzle