Diesel BJ-45 Worth much?

Hi, Im in Costa Rica (gringo)

I can get a Diesel BJ-45 shipped and registered in the USA, are they still popular?

I see prices are slumping bad for FJ-45

I have always wanted the Diesel BJ-45 truck and Im a member of the Landcruser club (US)

Did people fall out of love with the BJ/FJ ? I know the BJ-40 gets 35 MPG with its 80 HP 4 cyl motor so it cant be fuel prices can it?

Well please chime in and give me your opinion, im fixing to buy three BJ-45s and ship them to Florida but if people don't like them anymore? Why nothing on ebay?

Cheers,.

Reply to
jay--

look on ebay, there have been several diesel bj-45s listed, and sold.

some of them look very good.

j.

Reply to
cognite tute

What am I doing wrong? I done see in BJ-45's in completed ebay auctions.

Can you shoot me a link? thanks!

Reply to
jay--

At the moment, there appear to only be 2 of them:

FJ models and both expensive! I can remember being told by an owner of one of the older FJ Land Cruisers that it got about 6 MPG. That would certainly be a killer around here.

Diesel vehicles have never really done well in the US. I don't understand why - they just don't. But, if you're saying it advertises 80 HP, that would probably keep most Americans away. Hell, I saw a commercial for some sort of Toyota Prius (or something like that) just yesterday that boasted 260 HP. Now, why does something that small need that much power? America is certainly going the wrong direction. The rest of the world can see it, but for some reason most of us can not.

"jay--" asks:

Reply to
jp2express