Rover 45 Diesel Whistle

I have a 9 month old Rover 45 2.0TD with 11k on the clock. A few weeks ago, it started making a metallic whistling noise on accelaration. Took it back to Dixons who diagnosed faulty turbo (I can't say I noticed that it had gone) and replaced it under warranty. Got the car back, definitely got turbo, but it is still making exactly the same whistling noise as it was when I first took it in.

Took it back again, first of all, mechanic claimed he couldn't hear anything on a road run. I told him to take it out again. They are now saying that it is an "acceptable noise" for a turbo and can find no evidence of any air leaks.

It might be acceptable to them, but it's not to me. It's an annoying noise and certainly wasn't doing it when it was new.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Cheers Paul, Wakefield

Reply to
Paul

It might be acceptable to them, but it's not to me. It's an annoying noise

Used to hear it on my old Xanita td, not loud or annoying-came in at

2000revs. Maybe there's an inlet pipe loose or cracked. DaveK.
Reply to
davek

You must have a leak somewhere, but very tricky to find with the car stationary. The best tell tale is a slight oily seepage around the leak, which will need abit of time to form though.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)