2L vs. 2L-II Diesel

Hi all,

Apperently I can possibly obtain a Japanese complete 2L-II diesel engine to replace the 2L in my '84 2WD pickup which just lost a timing belt.

Is there anyone with experiance making such a swap who can confirm or deny that the transmision mates correctly, or can warn of any other issues that I may run across?

Also, I'm curious about how extensive the damage tends to be in such an event. I was tooling down the road in 4th gear when the belt went. I know that sometimes such an event was terminal for the head of a VW diesel but the rods rarely bent for example.

Also and just as well, if anyone around the Pacific NW knows of a replacement truck of roughly the same vintage which is running or near-running, that would be a great option too. I very much like the vehicle and mine is pretty rough.

Thanks for any advice,

- Tom

Reply to
Tom Huppi