Diesel question

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone here has has used propane injection as a milage booster. I have little knowledge about propane injection,
other than ads and articles that proclaim tremendous milage gains. I don't believe the milage claims but think there may be enough of an increase to warrant a more detailed examination of propane injection.
No, I do not have a diesel at this time, but it never hurts to research options.
Please no "It doesn't work" comments unless there has been first hand use so you can back it up details of your experience.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and any info that may come from it.
I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it! snipped-for-privacy@charter.net Remove the x for e-mail reply www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"

Back in the late 60s when I worked on my uncles farm in the summer they injected propane on diesel tractors and supposedly got a small increase in horsepower. If I remember correctly the increase was on the order of 10%. Don't remember anything about mileage increase, but then no one kept tractor mileage data anyway! <g>
Ron
Greetings,
Propane injection is more in the line of a power booster than a mileage enhancer. Propane is to a diesel motor like nitrous is to a gas motor (well, maybe not as much of a boost but the principle is the same). Frankly, if it was so wonderful at increasing mileage then everyone with a diesel would have one, especially with the price of diesel fuel lately.
People who buy these things have to be realistic as to the true results they will obtain from their investment. There are a lot of products to enhance the power output of a diesel (some good and worth the price, others not so much), but the claims of "tremendous" mileage gains are seldom - if ever - substantiated.
Cheers - Jonathan
"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"

there are special kits, they are expensive. just like nitrous. because leaks can do damage. I had a homemade rig on a ford to get it to start. in the winter. with a littlebottle inside the truck. a pushbutton switch and a hose to the air filter canister. I still had about $500 in it. because the valves are expensive. They will boost just like nitrous . if that's what you want. they will explode an engine just like nitrous too.