Electronic squeel when braking

I am having a strange problem with my 1998 4Runner Limited 4X4. The first time I stop quickly each cold morning there is a high pitched squeeling (alarm?) sound from under the dash. It lasts as long as the brake pedal is depressed firmly and the vehicle is still moving forward..

The sound does not repeat until the first hard stop on the next cold morning. It does not seem to come from the brakes but from an electronic source (or vacuum leaking?). Also does not seeem to be related to anti-lock brakes activating because I'm not stopping that quickly.

No warning lights, brakes are not worn, brake fluid topped off, already lubed the parking brake hardware and brake pedal. Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas.

Only mechanical problem I've had in 132,000 miles.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
John Smith