erratic idle & hesitation in '95 4runner 22re

Hi- I love my 95 4runner, but it's been a bit of a pain lately. Last year I was experiencing some low idle problems and after an adjustment and throttle body cleaning, the low idle disappeared but was replaced by an erratic up & down idle whenever the AC was on. Jumped from 500 to 1500rpm every few seconds. It was only while the AC was on, which I rarely use, so I ignored it (bad idea). Now the erratic idle happens intermittently, especially when cold, with or without the AC. Also, soon after the erratic idle reappeared, I've developed a hesitation in 5th gear when accelerating. Do you think these things are related?

I've heard that this is not super-rare among these trucks. Any ideas about what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance Scott (90 4runner 22re, 95 4runner 22re)

Reply to
Scott Nicholson

A mis adjusted TPS will do exactly what you describe.

Scott Nichols> Hi-

rafal slodkowski