Extra Cab & Long Bed?

Did Toyota trucks ever come in the extra cab with the long bed configuration?

I need the extra cab because I am too tall and I need the long bed for extra hauling space for big items. If so, what years should I being looking for (Hopefully some time in the 22 RE era as I like the body style)

Thanks

Reply to
flandoman1

This looks like it may be a long bed although it doesn't say. Might be worth a query to the owner.

Anyolmouse

I have an '86 and an '87 Xtra-Cab long-bed. Both have 22RE engines.

They made them from '85 to '88, but they are kind of rare. I lucked out on my first and hunted down the second one.

They do have a wider turning radius, but the extra space is really addictive.

I believe they are much more common on the west coast. I have only seen them in Washington, Oregon and California.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I had a '91 4 cyl. 4x2 that fit that bill. H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin

Maybe special order. I went to three Toyota dealers in search for a full bed and small cab--none to be found. I guess the best selling trucks are extra cabs, 4-wheel drives, and small beds. If you intend to keep your truck in the garage, take measurements before you buy.

Reply to
Phisherman

On current North American models:

Tacoma -

- 6 foot bed = "Standard bed" on Regular and Access Cab models & "Long Bed" on Double Cab models

- 5 foot bed = "Standard bed" on double cabs

Tundra

- 5 foot bed = "Short bed"

- 6 foot bed = "Standard bed"

- 8 foot bed = "Long bed"

There is no Access cab or Extended cab version of the current Tundra. Both "non-regular" cab versions have full back seats and four exterior door handles. There are 8' bed Double Cab (the middle cab size) Tundras on my local lot.

Once upon a time (maybe 84 'till '92?) Toyota made a 7-1/2' bed for the "pickup", and there are Extra Cab examples out there. A tech at my local dealership has one, a 7-1/2' long bed, 1 ton, '87, with 250000 miles. These are super rare here in the Northeast US, due to bed rust issues.

I inquired about a 7-1/2 bed and/or a diesel on my 2005 Tacoma when I bought it, but they don't sell them in the North American market.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Thanks to everyone that replied. It sounds like I am looking for something in the '85 to '88 range with a 22RE motor. I am in the South East and used Toyota trucks seem to be few and far between on the used market (probably because they are still on the road :0)

Reply to
flandoman1