Tilt Bed T cab

Has anyone in the group converted a Stude to a tilt bed?

The thing is I now have a second tractor now that I have my JD MC with backhoe and it works well even though I built the hoe so I am thinking about turning my 61 Toyota T cab project into a 1/2 yard dumptruck. Yes I know a half yard is not much but I simply do not have room for a larger truck. I just got through making a RV parking space for a customer and I moved 54 yards of dirt around building a new grade for the lot and I could have pedaled the dirt if I had a way to haul it.

I figure that it should be fairly easy to use pillow blocks mounted on the bed and frame for the pivots but all the kits that I have found do not apply to a rig of that age let alone to a Studebaker.

Reply to
Studebaker Kid

Northern Tool has a universal kit. I would call first to make sure its not wider than the Stude frame. northerntool.com

Studebaker Kid wrote:

Reply to
Transtar60

I had a '73 Chevy 1/2 ton with one of those Northern Tool Universal kits on it. I loved it. Someone else loved it to. The truck was stolen from me and I haven't seen hide nor hair of it since. I am about to buy another kit to install on my '82 Chevy/GMC mixed (various parts from a dozen different trucks) heavy duty 3/4 ton. Some day I want to get a '48-53 Stude PU and put a dump bed on that. I know it'll be quite a job due to the way the bed fits in the recess on the back of the cab but I believe it CAN be done. Kid, keep us in formed on the project. Are you planning on the conversion for a Stude or the Toyota? Jerry.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester