final advice with buying a 95 4runner @ 92 K mi

v6, auto, 4x4, 92 K mi, good-exc cond. timing belt changed. head gasket recall not applicable.

my question is, is there any MAJOR 'surgery' that the truck should/may need in the near future? is the tranny, engine, etc supposed to be good to go for a long time yet? any other particular things I should check? i will take it to my mechanic to get it checked out, ie compression testing, etc.. contingent on sale.

what should i offer for this vehicle? guts and exterior are excellent, interior is 'good'. a sizeable rip in the drivers seat, musty inside (owner did watersports). owner is 2nd owner, bought from carmax 2-3 yrs ago.

thanks again.. cheers james

Reply to
James Y. Yang