Buying 2001 4Runner

Well after 11 years I am ready to retire my 1990 4runner with 320 000km

. This truck has been awsome..so good that I am going to go buy another

one. If it wasnt for all the rust and the leaky front seal I would probably keep driving it

I have my eye on a 2001 4runner Limited with 129000 km . I bought my last 4runner used with 150 000 km and drove it for 11 years..so I thought I would try it again.

Is there anything I should watch for in the 2001 limited model.

Here is the truck I am considering. Fully loaded with leather.

$18,000 Can.

What do ya think?

Cheers J

Reply to
computeks

Well, I dont see many posts about the 2001 models..so I will take this as a good sign.

Maybe in a few more years I will see some posts on the 2001 models..thats because they are toyaota trucks...and they ROCK !!!

Oh I did see a post about a mod to kill the the driving lights...wassup-wit-dat ?

Cheers J

Reply to
computeks

If you are talking about the daytime running lamps, I dont know why but many people here in the US still dont like them. They want to disable DRL's but then drive around on a clear night with their fog lights on. Scott

Reply to
zonie

I just bought one 3 weeks ago('01 SR5 4X4) . Newer used 4R's are really hard to find. So far no probs and according to consumer reports it was one of the best years for the 4R. The caveats... It's really hard to find accessories like light bars and such and I had to join the toyota tech web site in order to download the manual because technical info is hard to find.

Reply to
jeff a

Reply to
Duane