Ford is nervous

I went to IH training school last summer. they claimed then that the

6.0 is being phazed out for the problems they have had with it. they also said they would be replacing the 6.0 with a V6 diesel which they have been stuffing under the cab of those new cabovers they're building and also rebaging for Ford.

the only engine IH EVER made that was worth its grit was the DT466 and DT530. The DT570 just recently came out and wasn't without its own share of problems. I've relplaced dozens of egr coolers on them. The

6.9 was a boat anchor and the 7.3 wasn't much better except it has a turbo.

All V configuration diesels are JUNK... take note of the fact that over the road big trucks use inline engines and not V8s.

a little over two years ago I was employed by Ford, then they sold the truck leasing division I was employed with and left all of us high and dry and sold out to another truck leasing company. My retirement funds went out the window with the sale of the leasing company. I hope Ford motors falls off the face of the planet and is buried under a heap of its own overrated cheap ass trucks.

the 6.0 is an injector eating boat mooring.

Reply to
Roger Rabbid

Ford may have made some adjustments to the software or hardware that controls the vgt. jacking around with only effects the performance of the engine. The variable geometry part of the turbo isn't all THAT complicated since all they are doing is varing the amount of boost it can supply to the intake so it doesn't overcome the flow of exhaust from the egr side. it's no more complicated than opening or closing the vents on your dashboard to restrict the flow of air out of them.

I've seen these engines come into my shop for a routine service, and leave the shop misfiring. bad injectors have been a chronic problem with the engine.

the engine started showing up in Fords almost as fast as they cooled off the first block casting for the first engines.

Reply to
Roger Rabbid

That would be a incorrect statement imo. Perhaps in the truck/automotive application there have been a few problem. The V design on diesels has been used many years with success.

Reply to
Roy