Good News TRD and the 05 Tacoma

A supercharger for the 2005 4.0L Tacoma truck is in developement and ETA is Spring of 2006

Reply to
Billstein

For cryin' out loud....by the time you're done with jazzin' up your truck, you could find a nice used 911 Carerra and scare the crap out of every cop in your county, without any mods at all except for maybe a coat of wax.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Can 911 go off road?

No..

The supercharger will be around $3k another 600 for the install - and its guaranteed by Toyota

Reply to
Dan J.S.

OK...I spoke too soon. But, if you're off-road, wouldn't you be going slower and more carefully, to avoid suspension damage? Why would you want a supercharger?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Not a car guy, eh?

It seems silly to someone who's not into customizing cars.

Reply to
B a r r y

I understand the increase in power, but I drive a Tacoma with 6 cylinder engine and if my feel for the truck is accurate, it's the gear ratios that would need changing before adding horsepower. The "setup" is aimed at torque more than speed & acceleration. Put the same engine in a sedan with a different gear ratio and it would blow the doors off my truck, at least in terms of acceleration.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 12:36:45 GMT, "Doug Kanter" found these unused words floating about:

You haven't see 'da boyz' with their 'chargers' racing across the wide desert flats then ... Dust and parts a'flyin !

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

Ohh...OK. I'm not trying to tear apart a pastime like that. Just asking questions. Do these races require the extra ground clearance of a truck, or could you raise a lot of hell with a seriously built sedan, too?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 19:08:20 GMT, "Doug Kanter" found these unused words floating about:

They're not 'real' races, just a bunch of boyz with tricked up 4x4s and high clearance truck bouncing along/over the old haulage roads. I doubt that a sedan would last more than a mile of so. Too many dips, rocks, etc.

No, I'm not one, but I see them when I'm out crawling high trails and mine roads. I like my Tacoma DC too much to bash it.

Reply to
J. A. Mc.