Hey Mike, snow!

Well daughter and I went out with our jeeps this morning to test lockers and snow, we got 4" of heavy wet snow, I went up our little hilly road sliding back and forth, 2 wheel drive, daughter went up sideways, two wheel drive. First thing I noticed when out on snow covered roads was what happened when downshifting, back end all over the place. Anyway we drove around town for a while then decided to see what it was like on a dirt road in 4x4, so went up a logging road through a slash only about 2 acres in size, right in town, but steep. Never had my jeep out in any snow, well except the 1" of frozen stuff on Boxing day, anyway found that it's deffinately different from going up on dirt or mud, but up it went, very steep at end, wouldn't of made it without locker, one thing I noticed when daughter was coming up was how front end tired both spin on the snow, just like a locked diff, unlike in mud or sand where one wheel always slips first. Anyway, it was a new adventure, first jeep outing in snow.

Reply to
Greg

Sounds like fun. Just takes some getting used to eh. I find folks have to watch the width of the road really carefully when it wants to crab walk.

Mike

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Sounds like a fun adventure for the day! =)

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III