Hard to start when engine hot

I have a Toyota T100 with around 140K. Lately I have been having trouble starting the engine when it is warm. It will start right up when it has sat in the garage all night, but run it, shut it off and try to re-start.. Thats when the fun begins. I have to pump the gas pedal quickly and then hold it down once the engine begins to fire in order to get it to start. Any ideas?

Reply to
mmiloser

If your truck is fuel injected, mashing the gas pedal to the floor triggers the "hot start / flooded" circuit in the EFI brain.

Your trouble is likely in ignition - plugs - would be my bet. I don't know enough about T100 fuel injection but I suppose it's possible that one of the injectors might be faulty and leaking / flooding. Pulling the plugs would indicate rich mixture in that cylinder if that's the case.

Reply to
Mike Harris