Have You Fixed A Power Window on a SR5?

Hey Folks,

Have a '91 SR5 4X4, full power. Yesterday the passenger window stopped responding to the button on both the driver's side door, and the passenger door itself. The driver's window still works.

I hadn't noticed anything going wrong with the passenger window. That is, I didn't think it was rolling up slower or anything. Was fine and then poof.

Has anyone repaired a power window on one of these vehicles? Google didn't turn up anything, but I'd be very grateful to hear anyone's experience or if someone has tips or pitfalls. Otherwise I'll be winging it I guess. :)

TIA!

Reply to
Randy

Can you hear any noise at all when pressing the buttons? Does it make it any difference between buttons?

Reply to
Scotty

Hey! Check the connections on the main bus at the drivers side control under the arm rest. Bill

Reply to
William Brown

Sorry I mean does one button work (driver door) and the one on the door itself not or viseversa?

Reply to
Scotty

Have you checked for a kiddie lockout switch?

It's often a button near the driver's window controls, with a "X" graphic on it.

Reply to
B A R R Y

THANK YOU! That's exactly what happened! I took my dog to the vet last week and he sits on my lap and puts his paws on the arm rest to look out the window and must've engaged that switch. It never would have occured to me! (In fact I wasn't aware there was even a kiddie switch there until you mentioned it!)

Can't thank you enough. And thanks to everyone else who also had helpful suggestions I was all set to try next!

Have one on me, all. :)

Reply to
Randy