High Performance Exhaust vs. Cat-Back Exhaust?

I drive an '85 4x4 Toyota Pickup, with a 22r and a manual trans. Just wondering what the difference is between a High Performance exhaust and a Cat-back exhaust? Or what even is a Cat-back exhaust? Which type should I buy for my truck?

Thanks, Anders

Reply to
Anders

A catback bolts on at the cat. converter outlet flange, will give some improvement plus better sound, but if you want high performance exhaust, you have to start with new headers and go back from there. but then if you do that, you should also remove the heads and have them ported and polished. Personally I would just go for the catback system and maybe a new converter if you have a lot of miles on vehicle.

Reply to
Joseph Myers