Valve Cover Gasket Replacement?

I have an '85 4x4 Toyota Pickup, with a 22r engine and I need to replace the valve cover gasket. I'm wondering if i should use gasket sealer when i install the new gasket or is that unnecessary? If i do need it, what sealant should i use?

Thanks, Anders

Reply to
Anders

No sealant needed.

Reply to
Toytruck

Reply to
scott and barb

DO NOT USE ANY SEALANT. The tolerances are spec'd for the gasket alone> There is no extra space

Reply to
?reality