Homelink won't reset in 2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited...

hi all.

looks like i can't force my Homelink visor to "reset" by holding down the two outside buttons (numbers 1 and 3)...

i spent some time this evening searching USENET for similar cases, but only found programming issues; calling Homelink basically got me "take it to your dealer" (can't do that, i bought the 4Runner in Dallas and now live in San Antonio)

anyway, seems like a big hassle just to have a tiny bit of convenience.

is Homelink fused-out somewhere, or will i have to relent and let a local dealer replace the visor for $400?

i'm not even sure the Homelink visor is still under any kind of warranty...

thanks for any help!

Reply to
the_muddy_mudskipper

Not holding it lonhg enough. It will be almost a minute!

Reply to
MDT Tech®

my arm almost fell off last night when i held the buttons in for almost 5 minutes!

i've also tried variations, like 1) engine running, 2) door open, 3) repeated pressing, etc...

i'm calling the local Toyota place today to see if it's warrantied...

one last thing - would disconnecting the 4runner battery achieve anything with Homelink? seems the visor has a battery backup or something...

Reply to
the_muddy_mudskipper

It should not matter what city you purchased your Toyota in even when it comes to warranty work. The warranty is provided by Toyota, not the dealer and should therefore be honored by any Toyota dealer. Hope that helps.

Lee (from Boerne, near San Antonio - now live in Dallas).

Reply to
Lee

yeah - a local Toyota dealer (Red McCombs) says if the Limited is under 36,000 miles the visor is still warrantied.

guess it's time to get this looked at.

Reply to
the_muddy_mudskipper

Try this link for the manual and links to the homelink site.

You many need to have the key in and on ACC. To erase the memory, you hold the two outer buttons for 20 secs. and the light will blink 1 long and 4 short.

Good Luck!

JW

Reply to
Joseph Wind

have tried several variations of this - no joy.

it is strange that i can't even reset the Homelink Visor in my

4Runner...yet the LED still works when you press any of the 3 buttons.

got about 22k on the 4Runner right now so i'll wait awhile before driving in to the dealer to have it replaced (warrantied to 36k, according to Red McComb's Toyota Service Dept.)

...still thinking about resetting the car battery and trying the visor again - too bad no one else has experienced this problem!

Reply to
the_muddy_mudskipper