I have a 1993 Toyota pickup. Heavy rain today, engine area wet now wont start?

I just got this truck, 3 days new to me, and had been running great! First day, sunny, warm and dry, ran great. The second day raining lightly and I noticed
that my truck wasn't idling right, but got me from point a-b. Today it has rained alot and I've gone through a few larger puddles and the engine has died on me. I had to get towed home as its still raining and the engine compartment is still wet. I've checked the spark plugs and they seem dry, fine. Where would I begin to rule out things other than this?
Thanks J
On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 03:18:19 +0000, J

replace the plug wires - dialectric grease in thew plug caps. Check and clean coil caps.

Probably needs at least a set of wires and a dist cap.
Disturbutor cap give it a shot of wd40 inside, wipe excess, put back on , try start, it will run smooth. there is probably a hairline crack and lets dampness in..replace cap if this works AF
7