Just had the steering rod replaced

Just got the 4runner back from the dealer after having the rod relay replaced. All went very easily, dropped it off in the morning and was finished by lunch. Found out the the sending unit for the oil is about 50 bucks! geeze.... Anyway the recall went smoothly

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

Nice going. What model do you have?

Reply to
Keyser Soze
90 4runner 3vze SR5
Reply to
Searcher

We have an 89 SR5 4x4 extended cab with the V6. The front end has gotten a little loose. While researching it, I found out about the steering box recall. Anyway, it looks as if it needs idler arm bushings. I plan on installing them myself and then doing the recall. I had planned on getting an alignment but now Toyota will pick up the tab!

The oil pressure has read low for three years now. But the engine runs great. I've wondered if it was the sending unit.

Reply to
Keyser Soze

I had a 90 P/U V6 xtra cab 4X4, it had the same problem but I cannot remember if it was the sending unit itself or the connection. Once I get my garage cleaned out (we just moved into a new house) I'll check it out better, I know I have oil pressure, I can see it pumping up into the valves and I have no ticking. I really have ALOT to do to this truck, she needs body work and I want to lift it up. I want to do a custom interior. I got it last summer and she really needed serious work, front end, complete brake system, tires, suspension. SHe was a mess, but now she looks good and runs great. SO I got some welding and sandblasting to do, but hey thats what I wanted a PROJECT, for the winter. Not much to do after hunting season and before camping season.

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

No, Toyota will not "pick up the tab" on the alignment, as I was told today, they only do the alignment IF something were to "break" during the install of the relay rod. I specifically asked about my alignment because I recently had it done.

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

Are you running the standard exhaust on it?

Reply to
Scotty

Toyota is paying for alignments. In fact, for some, they have replaced some additional components.

Keyser Soze