K&N on a 99 4runner... Worse gas mileage!!!

I have searched the boards and keep getting mixed reviews... I put a K&N air filter on my 99 four runner and notice a decrease in MPG.... A little better on power but need a definitive answer to this... Does the K&N air filter cause my truck to run rich and lower my MPG or is this temporary?

PS- I did reset my EFI

THANKS!!!!!

Reply to
Lucas

You are probally harder on the gas, because of the new feel of power.

Reply to
Jody

If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, turning on the A/C when it's a heat wave outside reduces MPGs. If anything it should run more leaner due to the increased airflow, until the ECU compensates.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Sorry for the silly question but...

What is the procedure to reset the EFI ?

-TheKidd

Reply to
TheKid

Don't let a change in mileage after you do this fool you into thinking the different filter is the reason. I have seen the fuel economy change after a computer reset even without changing anything else. Keep track of your mileage over a longer term before you draw any conclusions.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White