Landcruiser Fj40 78 vs Bundera 86

I am looking at getting a Landcruiser 'Bundera' (Short wheel base) to replace the old FJ40 I have bought for backyard use. The main worry is though - is the engine powerful enough if I get a turbo diesel ? I use it only at very low speed, low range, goign over steep hills to carry stuff for the farm - water, herbicide, tools etc...FJ40 look sgreat but it's down to earth & really old, had a fairly tough lifefor all i can tell, a soft top that leaks, no power steering and it is rough as guts by nature... With the money I need to put in to fix the leaking transfer case and other 1000 things that really p*ss me off, I could get a lifted Bundy with Turbo Diesel - but will it equal a 6 cyl inline petrol in response and power ? Downhill i go in enginebrake only - will the Bundera roll down like hell ? Never drove a turbo diesel... The trucjk has to be SWB else I can't get it where I want it.

Thanks for any advice...

Reply to
AdvarP