landcruiser mpg

hi everyone I have just purchased a 1991 landcruiser2 lwb with a 2800cc non turbo engine. does anyone know what mpg i should get on a good run

Reply to
Splitpin

Take out a mortgage to keep the tank full. If it gets the same as my '90 did you can expect about 8-10Mpg. m

Reply to
mac

Just come back from a trip into the Yorkshire dales and the truck used about

1 litre of diesel to 10KM which roughly works out to 28 mpg, which i thought was not bad at all.

Reply to
Splitpin

So all in all, diesels get better fuel economy, all things being equal, then a comparable gas vehicle? I hear claims of extended mileage from several with big diesel trucks, contrary to published results. Your observations is one of many others, all in complete agreement.

BTW: the Prado, the gas Landcruiser found is Tasmania gets really bad mileages from a recent trip there.

Reply to
1 of the Masses