New Truck

I just got a 90 4runner with the 3.0 V6, 187000 miles on it for a good price, ( 500 under blue book ) what problems are most commonly wrong with this series of trucks. What should I look for and more importantly how to I spearhead them before they are major. Thank you in advance for any replies

Reply to
mudmonkey

Have a mechanic check it (better done before you buy it). For starters it can probably use a tuneup. I'm sure the mechanic will find many things during the tuneup--expect to spend a few thousand.

Reply to
SWDeveloper

The head gaskets were a common problem on that engine. Toyota had a recall for that problem. Your truck may still be covered under the recall if it hasn't been done yet. Give Toyota a call and give them your vin #, they will be able to tell if it has been done yet.

Reply to
Mike