valve covers on 90 4Runner w/3.0

I have a 90 4Runner with 3.0 V6 that has a valve cover leaking. How big a job is it to get valve cover off.

Don't have a manual for it, but just looking at it looks like a pretty big job.Any ideas what kind of time I am looking at?

Charles

Reply to
Charles

Drivers side is a breeze, but the passenger side is a bit more work. You need to remove the intake plenum. Don't use any RTV when you replace the cover gaskets. Just us some bearing grease in the channel, also lightly rub some new motor oil on the gasket, like you would on a new oil filter.

About an hour on the Drivers side and two on the passenger side.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Reply to
Jeff