Noise - could be nothing!

Randomly, shortly after I crank my truck ('86, 2WD), I hear something that sounds like a honking noise about the same pitch as a donkey's bray.

It doesn't last but maybe 10 seconds, so I never have time to jump out, pop the hood, and see where it is coming from. And it doesn't do it all the time!

Usually, the noise from the engine comes during that little bit of idle time just before I start to drive off, but sometimes it does it as I start to drive off.

The noise is heard more frequently when I am turning the steering wheel, but not always.

I've checked the Power Steering fluid, and it is good.

Any ideas?

Reply to
jp2express

Also, it sounds like it could be a bearing going out in the blower motor - same bad sound.

But the fan is off.

?
Reply to
jp2express