Body lift opinions...

Do it or not?

Right way vs. Wrong way?

Experiences, opinions, suggestions welcome.

Truck in question is a

1998 Taco Ext Cab 4x4 SR5-3.4LV6 has 32s under it with a coil-over lift, wanting to look at Pro-Comp 6" + 1-2" body lift.

Thanks for your time...

RedForeman

Reply to
RedForeman

I would tend to look at your % of time on road to off road. Sure a lift kits works well off road but stuffs up your on road handling by a HUGE amount. If you willing to accept that the road trips will take longer and be a tad less safe then go for it.

PS a Body small lift as well as a small suspention lift is often the best way as theres not to many dramas such as extending shocks, brake hoses etc.

Scotty

Reply to
Scotty

It's a second vehicle, been paid for for several years, only taken off road lightly, until recently... I wanna get it more 'ready' without hurting it's reliability and longevity down the road...

I'm ordering the Pro-Comp 6" lift, and some other stuff to aid in the process, just thought while I've got a friend or two over, might want to have them grab a corner

Thanks...

Reply to
RedForeman

I would argue against any body lift that exceeded 2 inches.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

2inch suspention lift plus 2 inch body lift MAX!!
Reply to
Scotty

That's what I was thinking... thanks guys...

RedForeman

Reply to
RedForeman