Oil change 2009 tacoma

I`m getting ready to do the first oil change on my 2009 tacoma. Is there anything special to know about this or is it just routine? The dealer uses pennzoil 5-30 .Is that the correct wt? Also I cannot find a chilton or haynes repair manual for this truck. Where can I get one? Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Herb Eneva

The owners manual that came with the truck has a section on maintenance. It will give you the proper oil weights for different temperature ranges. 5W-30 is good for most climates except for severe cold and severe hot temperatures. Use what the manual tells you. As far as the brand of oil I use 5W-30 Castrol in my V-6 1999 Tacoma but have used Quaker State as well as Pennzoil in my 4 banger VWs and old Honda Civics in years past.

It cost me over $200.00 but I purchased the factory sevice manuals some time back. They have more than paid for themselves.

Hope you enjoy your '09 as much as I have my '99 Tacoma.

Reply to
Anyolmouse