OT-OBD question

Kia Sedona blew it's mass air flow sensor last week leaving us stranded

200 miles from nearest Kia dealer or ASL.

Realize that chances of it ever occurring again are one in an exponentially huge number, but when I can pick one up in a junkyard for

30 bucks, having one under the seat would be reassuring to me.

If it would ever happen again, and I stuck the new one in, does the computer need to be reset, or would it start up and let the vehicle run? Figure it would either reset itself after so many on/off cycles, or stop by a garage to have it read and cleared when I got home. Just want to know if I'd be able to resume my trip if I did the swap.

I realize this may/may not be the trouble, but when you wait 2 1/2 hours for a tow, figure I might as well do something hopefully constructive instead of just sitting like I did last week.

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
pheasant

Nothing needs to be reset for it to run proper and while you can clear the stored error code, it will go away on its own after several run cycels with no new error.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

Is anyone here right now at 5:42 on Friday the 28th

Reply to
ricflorida

8:08 PM EST

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

======== ========

2:29 on Saturday..........

sorry.

~:~ mm ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

========= =========

plug and play, no programing needed.

why don't you stick a TPS under the seat too...... maybe a fuel pump........ possibly a starter................. conceivably a temp sensor or two....... a couple old plug wires........ a spare spark plug or two could be handy...... a couple gallons of water....... a foot or two of fuel line..............

what if you have TWO flats at once..?.. maybe chunk another tire in the back.........

or......

AAA and a cellphone?

~:~ MarshMonster ~hopefully the question you asked was answered and the ones you didn't ask were answered too~

Reply to
Marsh Monster