please help! 01 tacoma prerunner

Has anyone experienced any pinging in the eng especially when the weather is hot and the AC is on? Eng is six cylinder. you can also reply at snipped-for-privacy@allstate.com

Reply to
JRMEDINA

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 13:17:03 -0400, "JRMEDINA" found these unused words floating about:

Yep, same as with many other cars ... the load's too much and the engine is in less than perfect shape. I'd suspect that your water temp is also (slightly) elevated?

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

THis is a classic probelm, some try to control it with tweaking but engine octane requirement really climb with tempature (it is not constant as some believe) and a hot day with AS can do it with some engines. You can fuss with it but you really need better gas for good performanc in hot weather because 87 will not cut it all the time. We even use premium in my wife 4 banger Cherokee in summer months and it runs better and get better MPG too in hot weather than it does with

  1. You can feel the difference in it too.
Reply to
SnoMan