Q: how to reach front O2 sensor elec connector?

Recently attempted to change the front O2 sensor on my 98 Tacoma 4x4. Could barely feel the electrical connector with my fingertips, seems impossible to reach. Anyone have any suggestions, before I take it to the dealer. Is there a special tool that Toyota techs use? Wife has skinny arms, but I could not convince her to crawl under the truck (:

Thanks in advance,

Al

Reply to
Allan

Al,

Pop off your shifter console and you should be able to reach down through the floor to get at the connector and two nuts to remove the front 02 sensor.

-Rob

Reply to
Rob Pilgrim

Al,

Pop off your shifter console and you should be able to reach down through the floor to get at the connector and two nuts to remove the front 02 sensor.

-Rob

Reply to
Rob Pilgrim

Was driving to work 2 days after posting this question when I suddenly realized the shifter must be close to the 02 sensor plug. I changed the sensor the next day.

Thanks for replying Rob.

-Al

Reply to
Allan