Re: Comment on car insurance

Unquesti>> Mike Hunter, wrote the following at or about 6/29/2007 1:54 PM:

>>> I had Travelers but switched to Geico to save the 15% they >>> advertise. Then to Erie to save the 15% they advertise. Then I >>> switched to All State to save the 15% they advertise. I figure if I >>> switch enough times, my insurance will be free LOL

I've had several car insurance companies. You'd think there were savings by sticking to an insurance company, but take a day per year to review your policy and get 3-4 new quotes from better-rated companies. When I see $200 savings per year, I switch. Sometimes the premium jumps drastically without any claims. If you get a companies that insures both car and house you can get a discount. I found that keeping $1000 or more reserve to cover a higher deductible helps too, provided claims can be kept to a minimum. I find the biggest benefit for insurance is legal help/coverage in liability cases, although thankfully I never had to deal with that kind of claim. Nothing helps more than to drive safely.

Reply to
Phisherman